Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Own Golf Experiences

Whenever my friends and I go out for a round of golf, we do so in a way to relax and enjoy the company of one another. Until I picked the topic of segregation and golf for the topic of my paper I never really noticed that whenever we go out for a round there are few to no African American golfers out on the courses. By living on a diverse college campus one would think that the golf courses would be diverse as well. From just sitting here thinking, I can only recall four or five times where I have seen an African American golfer out on the course during the same time as myself. I am left wondering if this is due to the fact that Athens is in a rural area or wether people are just not interested in golfing while in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment